Your local League engages in studies on local issues. These studies sometimes result in positions that give us a reference when asked to take sides on political measures or local issues.
The League of Women Voters of Bellingham/Whatcom County has taken positions on the following issues:
Read the League of Women Voters of Bellingham/Whatcom County's positions
- Energy - Resource Management
- Land Use + Environmental Quality
- Environmental Protection-Solid Waste Disposal in Whatcom County
- Local Representative Government
- Meeting Basic Human Needs
- Public Port Districts
- Deep Water Ports
- Citizen Participation
Privatization of Government Services Position - The 2010-11 Board of LWV of Bellingham/Whatcom County voted to concur with this position.
Program in Action
gives the current positions of the League of Women Voters of Washington.
Impact on Issues 2012-2014
gives the current positions of the League of Women Voters of the US. It is fairly long. If you have a dial-up connection it will take approximately 4 minutes to load (faster otherwise).
Summary of Public Policy Issues 2010-2012 provides a short overview of National public policies.
League of Women Voters of the United States weighs in on Citizen United impacts
In The Supreme Court of the United States
AMERICAN TRADITION PARTNERSHIP, INC., et al.,
STEVE BULLOCK, Attorney General of Montana, et al.,
On Petition For A Writ Of Certiorari* To The Supreme Court Of The State Of Montana
BRIEF AMICI CURIAE OF AARP, CAMPAIGN LEGAL CENTER, CENTER FOR RESPONSIVE POLITICS, CHICAGO LAWYERS' COMMITTEE FOR CIVIL RIGHTS UNDER LAW, CITIZENS FOR RESPONSIBILITY AND ETHICS IN WASHINGTON, COMMON CAUSE, ILLINOIS CAMPAIGN FOR
POLITICAL REFORM, LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS OF THE UNITED STATES, MICHIGAN CAMPAIGN FINANCE NETWORK, NATIONAL INSTITUTE ON MONEY IN STATE POLITICS, PROGRESSIVES UNITED, SUNLIGHT FOUNDATION, U.S. PIRG EDUCATION FUND AND WISCONSIN DEMOCRACY CAMPAIGN IN SUPPORT OF RESPONDENTS
- A document which a losing party files with the Supreme Court asking the Supreme Court to review the decision of a lower court. It includes a list of the parties, a statement of the facts of the case, the legal questions presented for review, and arguments as to why the Court should grant the writ.