Go to VOTE411.org
for our award winning comprehensive election information website.
Register to Vote
click here if you need to register to vote or make changes to your status.
- July 7 Deadline for voter registration, address change and other updates
- July 18 Start of 18-day voting period (through Election Day). Ballots are mailed out and Accessible Voting Units (AVUs) are available at voting centers.
- July 28 Deadline for new Washington State voter registration (in person only)
- August 5 Primary
- October 6 Deadline for voter registration, address change and other updates
- October 17 Start of 18-day voting period (through Election Day). Ballots are mailed out and Accessible Voting Units (AVUs) are available at voting centers.
- October 27 Deadline for in-person new Washington State voter registration
- November 4 General Election
Read more at Whatcom County Election Information
Initiative Measure No. 594 concerns background checks for firearm sales and transfers.
The League of Women Voters of Washington have taken a position in support of Initiative 594.
This measure would apply currently used criminal and public safety background checks by licensed dealers to all firearm sales and transfers, including gun show and online sales, with specific exceptions.
Initiative Measure No. 591 concerns firearms.
This measure would prohibit government agencies from confiscating guns or other firearms from citizens without due process, or from requiring background checks on firearm recipients unless a uniform national standard is required.
Initiative Measure No. 1351 concerns K-12 education.
This measure would direct the legislature to allocate funds to reduce class sizes and increase staffing support for students in all K-12 grades, with additional class-size reductions and staffing increases in high-poverty schools.
Advisory Vote #8
Asks voters whether to repeal or maintain the elimination of agricultural tax preferences for aspects of the marijuana industry
Advisory Vote #9
Asks voters whether to repeal or maintain leasehold excise tax on certain leasehold interests in tribal property.
You can watch our candidate and ballot issue forums via TV and Internet courtesy of the City of Bellingham:
News on LWVBWC's Election Forums
for information on where to return your ballot to.
To find out how to have your logo on our TRY click here!
Our TRY is printed and available for distribution each year in February. Supporters of the TRY can have their logo listed on the brochure.
For a complete printable index of our current representatives Click here!