Would you like to become more active in our League? The LWVBWC can always use volunteers, and whether you have a little time or a lot, we would love to have your help and participation in one of our many community activities. We are an entirely grassroots organization, and dependent on our members to volunteer their time and expertise.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Graphic design – help us create flyers and Facebook displays for our events.
- Facebook support – follow us on Facebook and share our posts.
- Voter registration – join us in registering and engaging voters at events throughout the county.
- Create display boards – help us showcase our work with updated display materials.
- Educational program planning – help create a program meeting on interesting topics.
- Join an interest group – health care, equity, climate/water, voting rights, and League positions.
- Join a committee – hospitality, membership, publicity.
- Help plan/produce election forums.
- Observe and report on public meetings (city councils, county council, port, etc.)
- Lobby for bills endorsed by the League.
- Write advocacy letters and comments for policies endorsed by the League.
- Organize a mini-fundraiser.
- Assist with website maintenance.
When you join the League of Women Voters®of Bellingham/Whatcom County you automatically become a member of LWV of Washington, and the LWV of the United States. As a member you receive a variety of publications along with The Voter, published monthly by the League of Women Voters of Bellingham /Whatcom County. Available to anyone over 16.
Family (two individuals) $90
All dues paid online include a 5% convenience fee. If you wish to avoid the service fee, you can mail your payment to LWVBWC, PO Box 4041, Bellingham, WA 98229. Please be sure to include a phone number and email so we can connect with you.
Please consider contributing to the League of Women Voters® of Bellingham/Whatcom County at an honorary level. We only retain 15% of your dues payments – the rest goes to the state and national leagues. Member contributions support our on-going operational expenses, and are not tax deductible.
Contributions are in addition to membership fees.
Carrie Chapman Catt $100
Susan B. Anthony $200
LWV Education Fund Contributions
The League of Women Voters® of Washington Education Fund is dedicated to strengthening citizen knowledge of government in Washington State. The Ed Fund sponsors and supports nonpartisan educational projects that help citizens better understand major public policy issues and become active and informed participants in their communities and in their government. Donations may be designated for Bellingham/Whatcom County to support our local efforts.
The League of Women Voters® of Washington Education Fund is a 501(c)3 organization that operates separately from the League of Women Voters of Washington, which is a 501(c)4 organization. Contributions to the Ed Fund may be tax deductible.